A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on Mastercard.
Looking at options history for Mastercard MA we detected 17 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 64% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 35% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 10 are puts, for a total amount of $505,354 and 7, calls, for a total amount of $360,031.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $260.0 to $410.0 for Mastercard over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Mastercard’s options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Mastercard’s whale activity within a strike price range from $260.0 to $410.0 in the last 30 days.
Mastercard Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Mastercard Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,556,598, the price of MA is up 1.85% at $352.95.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 78 days.
What The Experts Say On Mastercard:
- JP Morgan has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Mastercard, which currently sits at a price target of $425.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Mastercard, which currently sits at a price target of $417.
- Truist Securities has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Mastercard, which currently sits at a price target of $440.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Mastercard, which currently sits at a price target of $385.
- Susquehanna has decided to maintain their Positive rating on Mastercard, which currently sits at a price target of $400.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Mastercard, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.